Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is a good tip to leave for my hair stylist?

I was thinking 15%, is that enough?!!What is a good tip to leave for my hair stylist?
I've often wondered what to leave also,I asked the receptionist and he didn't really know.I know that waitresses expect 15% of the total I also know that they are paid 2.01 an hour.How do you determen how much to tip, when someone is paid a good salery or10.00 or more an hour? To me I think 15% is to much for high paying positions.But I don't know how tipping even came about for everyone.(I do understand why waitresses get tipped) I kinda think that tipping has gotton out of control , everbody these days are expecting a tip. When I get my hair cut I didn't know you have to tip hair dresser,shampooer and blowdyer that gets very exspensive,Like I said I think tipping has gotten out of hand. You know that is there job they get paid about the same If not more than retail.I have never gotten a tip because of my knowledge and good service.I have spent hours with some customers.I also undrestand that is my job.What is a good tip to leave for my hair stylist?
15% is good.
i give 5 dollars on a 25 dollar haircut. if you are getting more done (colors and perms) you want to tip a lot more.
I tip $5 or if it's a really good one $10, my stylist is an artist
Yes, I would say that is very good.
Yeah, 15% is good. If you love what they've done, leave more. If it's not your regular hair stylist and you hate it, leave less or none. Always keep it at 15% though for your regular stylist.
I give $20 always.
10-15 %.. it depends if the service you got is good and you like what he/she did to yor hair.. it's really up to you..
just shave it all off
Yeah, i do 15%
I never know either how much to tip....





10-15 % I think.. and if the person owns the salon then on the lower side.
I give 10% for a simple haircut and 15%


for color or any other work that takes longer
If your hair stylist does a super job then I'd say 20%.
I give $5 for a hair cut.


I have dated lots of cosmo's and they are under tipped. Add more for the more services they give.


For example if you get a cut and color, or a wash, cut, and prem, she could be spending two to two and a half hours with you. Then if you are cheap and give only five bucks it is a loss, since she could have done four or five cuts in that time all with tips.


Most cosmo's in public chain stores make a low wage per hour and the tips are helpfull to them.
i give them 5 dollars
I ALWAYS LEFT A TIP AROUND $ 5 TO 10 DOLLARS
forget the percent. you take the first number of the cost of the hair cut...lets say the haircut is $35. you take the first number (3) double it and round up. 3 doubled would be 6 so give her 10 dollars. trust me...you do this and she will never mess your hair up.
My hair cut ranges from 15-$17.00. I always give her a 20 and say keep the change. Some people dont tip at all so every little bit is appreciated. But I live in Newport, Vermont and sadly people are stingy
If they did a REALLY REALLY good job leave 15-20% Judge it on what u think when you see the result :)
I once read in a magazine that 20% is standard if they do a good job on your hair.
well if your hairstylist is compeltly awsome like mine then i would give him or her about...30 dollars


but if you dont like your haircut...then dont even leave a tip

No comments:

Post a Comment