Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tips for becoming a hair stylist?

I recently moved to California and decided I'm going to go to Paul Mitchell the school in Costa Mesa to become a hair stylist. I figured they make good money, theres no uniform, good hours, and being a non gay guy hair stylist would be a plus with all the girls your around. Plus college wasn't my thing, tried it, didn't like it. So I was wondereing if anybody had any tips or advice that would help me.Tips for becoming a hair stylist?
If you did not like it why not try something else.Tips for becoming a hair stylist?
i've quit my college and now i'm going to paul mitchell school.

Report Abuse



The Paul Mitchell academy is one of the best in the country! You will get top notch training from some of the best stylists in the world. Money is good and now days most places offer health insurance and 401(k). Women LOVE to have a man do their hair! Confidence in yourself and your skills is key. The advice about giving good shampoos is probably the best advice, it is so true! Also, I've worked with a lot of b*tches who are rude to clients, but it is important to remember this-the client that is sitting in your chair may be going to her grandson's graduation, the man's hair you are cutting may be going to his wedding, the woman's hair you are styling may be going to her husband's funeral, so make every one of them feel special, because they are.
oh! Be creative#1.Keep it simple and something the person can do by themselves @ home!theyll come back to you.
practice on all the people that will let you!Don't worry about doing things the same way as everyone else.I use a board under my foil when i do a weaving and people think i know more because no one else did that in my shop(i thought it was just easier)My best advise would be watch other people's mistakes :)
true, money is good, but don't forget you're gonna have to pay medical insurance out of your own pocket, there's not much security for the future unless you're serious and start saving and investing your money now. I've been doing hair for 3 years now. it;s so much fun! my advice to you... don't stop at cosmetology school. after you graduate and receive your license continue taking extra hair classes, go to the hair shows, always keep yourself one step ahead of everyone else. make sure u know the new techniques and know your products. product retail makes you that extra easy money. Sell yourself. be confident but not an ***. and make sure you know how to give a kick-*** shampoo!!! women will fall in love with you, if for nothing else, they will come to have u wash their hair.
  • red lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment