Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should I fire my hair stylist or stay with her?

I am thinking about leaving my hair stylist and finding someone else, due to what I will call '; personality conflicts'; A friend of mine, who is a client of hers as well, referred me to her. and I have been going to her for almost a year. Although I am generally happy with my hair, she does a good job and uses good products, so my hair is in the best shape ever but I never have felt totally comfortable in her salon. I feel that I have to walk on eggs when I am there. If ask her to do my hair a certain way, she often questions me as to WHY I want my hair like that, and argues with me then does it how she wants it. Also, I work late, so on a couple of occasions I have fallen asleep in the waiting area. When I do, she wakes me up and tells me that I am making her look bad?. WTH? How??? She does nitpicky things like separating me from another client if we are carrying on too long of a conversation. I feel more like a school kid or her daughter rather than a client.Should I fire my hair stylist or stay with her?
tell her and ur friend that she is a ***** and ud rather go to great clips.... even if u really wouldnt... ....Should I fire my hair stylist or stay with her?
i would definatly get a new stylist and i would aslo talk to the manager, no one should act like that
i'm not quite sure whats going on but i'd talk to her about it
I want tell u to fire your stylist but


i will give my opinion and u think about it.First of all you are the client you are spending money if you are unhappy do not continue to spend money with this person.I am a stylist and all that matters to me is my client leaves happy and is comfortable because the way I look at it 1) my clients pay my bills and 2) without clients I will be broke b/c hair is my life and 3) POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE will close your shop down and make others more money b/c that is what your clients will eventually do take their money %26amp; business elsewhere!!! But as a stylist I am not allowed to knock another stylist it's against the stylist rule book I believe you can figure out what to do with that can of worms!
i know exactly how you feel...but the other answers are right....even if you love the way she works with your hair, its not worth it if you feel miserable everytime you need to style it. So my advice....check other places and alternate....so she can notice that you dont come so often....maybe that'll make her realize that her attitude is disturbing you.





ps. take pics of the hair style u want when going to a new place, so they know exactly what you want...
whoa whoa whoa. definatley go to another salon. if you stay with the same salon, it will be even more awkward, so go to an entirely different salon. i would actually call the manager of the salon, and report this, its a wonder she's even aloud to treat PAYING CUSTOMERS like that. you are paying her, and you should feel pampered when getting your hair done, and not anything else. there are a hundred more stylists out there who will do just as good of a job as her AND treat you with the respect that a paying customer deserves.





goodluck!:)
Just stop going to her, you don't have to ';fire her'; find a new one.
no u should stay with her
yah fire her ***
Just an Idea... Shop around...till you find


another shop and stylist. When you find a


shop you are comfortable with, you may need to try out 2or 3 stylist at the same shop. If you go into the salon for the first time you may come back and try it again and/or you may not....like a resturaunt?


Do you try it again if you had bad service?


Shop around till your comfortable, if your not....the stylist should feel that.
Why all the drama? Go to someone else. There are tons of great stylists around. Ask your friends or at the office. If you see someone on the street with hair like yours, and you like the style, ask them who they go to. Remember, you are paying her, not the other way around.
FIRE a hair stylist does what she is told and shuts up
Honey, You deserve respect when it comes to you parting with your money. Evidently you are uncomfortable staying with this girl, but I know how hard it is to find a stylist that does your hair the way you like it without waiting for it to grow out and look good. Be strong, and try another salon. One of the answers mentioned that you find someones hair that you like, and ask them where they would recommend. Now if you do this, make sure the person that you ask where they got their hair done at, has the same type of hair. Thin, thick, straight, or curly. It will make a difference with your new stylist. Good Luck and run for the hills!
I would talk to the manager about her and then tell the manager that you'll be going somewhere else...
i would get a new stylist! im sure shes not the only person in the world wh can keep your hair looking good! you shouldnt have to feel uncomfortable in her salon. a salon is a happy place where you should be comfortable.
Absolutely go someplace else....no matter how good your hair looks, you should never be uneasy about who works with your hair - the Bible says a woman's hair is her crowning glory! If the idea of going to your stylist gives you a headache or stresses you, it is definitely time for a change! You should also should be able to trust what she is telling you - you should be comfortable talking to your stylist about what you want and if she disagrees with you, she should be able to communicate it to you in such a way that you are not offended....talk to your friends and get some suggestions about a new stylist!
Since you are the one paying her, if you're not satisfied with how she's treating you then you should just go to someone else. She seems like she has a bit of an attitude =/


I hate it also when my hair stylist doesn't do my hair the way I want it.


It really depends on whether you like how good she does your hair or you're more bothered with feeling uncomfortable.
I guess I would find someone else to do my hair, it's very important to feel comfortable with your stylist and to have her listen to your needs, but be truthful with you if she feels something won't really look good on you.
when you go to a salon to get your hair done, you want that spa feeling where you feel like you don't have to lift a fingure. if she makes you feel uncomfortable i would leave her and go somewhere else that makes you wanna go to their salon. i wish you the best of luck!! : )





鈾ly
well give her some time if she continues with the same act then fire her and find a better hairstylest
I'd find a new one. You're paying her to do YOUR hair. If she wants it done a certain way, she can do her own hair like that. Also, that attitude is ridiculous. If you'd done something to provoke it, I could understand it from time to time, but it doesn't seem to me like you're deserving of her crankiness. Go find yourself somebody new!
Change your hairdresser quick smart.


I used to feel uncomfortable with a previous stylist, so I gave her the flick.


I now go to a husband and wife team, who have plenty of laughts going on in the salon, and also they tell their little stories about their holidays, so it's not all one sided.


Occasionally I doze off in the chair, whilst waiting for a tint, because I am relaxed with them, and also they do wonderful head massages when they wash my hair.


Don't feel in the least bit guilty, when you dump her/him, as it will be a load off your mind, I know it was with me. Good luck with your new hairdresser, whoever it may be.





Let us know how you went after your first appointment .

No comments:

Post a Comment