Saturday, August 21, 2010

My hair stylist is going to be coloring my hair and told me to set aside three hours of the day when?

I call to make the appointment. If I am going to be taking up three hours of his day with a coloring that will cost almost three hundred dollars, how much should I tip him? I feel bad taking up that much of his day and I want to tip him properly.? HELPMy hair stylist is going to be coloring my hair and told me to set aside three hours of the day when?
yikes! do you really want to pay that much?!?





i don't usually get my hair colored, but i always thought it took more like 1.5 hrs for a cut and color.





sounds like this is a crazy expensive salon. but that is up to you, if you want to go there or not.





as for tipping, 15-20% is a good amount. so if it really costs that much, $45-60 would probably be appropriate. yikes!!! that tip is enough to cover the service at a more average salon!!My hair stylist is going to be coloring my hair and told me to set aside three hours of the day when?
I usually do 15% so about $45 to $50
FIRST OF ALL, IF I WAS A MOVIE ACTOR I WOULD NEVER SPEND $300.00 DOLLARS ON A HAIR COLORING JOB WHEN I CAN DO IT MYSELF , FOR NO MORE THAN $5.00


I ONLY SPEND $130.00 ON ANY HAIR CARE AND THATS A LIMIT!!


IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPEND $300.00 , THEY WOULD NOT GET TIPPED NO MORE $5.00 , SORRY BUT THATS A WAY , I SEE THINGS
There is no rule that says that you have to tip your hairstylist. Keep in mind that if he is employed by the salon he is probably going to be paid 50% of your final ticket. If he is booth renting, or owns the salon, he is keeping all of the money.





That said, to tip your hairstylist has become somewhat expected, but unlike the food and beverage industry that uses the 15% formula, no formula has been customized for the salon industry.





Of course you want good rapport with your hairstylist, so I do recommend a tip if the service he provides meets or even exceeds your expectations.





In checking our records in the salon I find 10% is the average tip. Waiters don't make any money off of your dinner, but hairstylists do make money off of your service, that is why the tip percent is less.





Bottom line, if you are happy with the service, tip what you can afford and what you are comfortable with. If you really want to make his day, also ask him for some of his business cards to pass out to your friends. He may even have some type of rewards program for new clients that you refer.
If you wanted to give him 15%, then give him $45. HIH!
if you do it like this:


15% of 300 - $45


or since its going to take 3hrs


20% of 300 - 60
think of it this way. he is working there cuz he wants to, so dont feel bad. yur paying him 300 dollars, so maybe like 20-50 wil do because anything higher could be over doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment