Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it ok NOT to tip a ';professional'; hair stylist if you receive burns from the curling irons?

First of all, I'm an African-American, and I have just recently went to a professional hair salon at a popular department store to get my hair relaxed (which chemically straightens the hair) and pressed. During the whole process, I'm feeling a burning sensation on my scalp. After that, the ';professional'; stylist starts pressing my hair and burns me with the straighteners like 3 times. After paying 55 bucks for her services and leaving, I go to look in a mirror, and discover that I have small BURNS along my hairline, which appeared as though she tried to cover them up with my hair. Even though I don't think there will be a next time, would it be alright NOT to tip for such bad services?Is it ok NOT to tip a ';professional'; hair stylist if you receive burns from the curling irons?
I think it would be alright if you didnt tip her. Just think in reverse if she were in your shoes and you are a ';professional'; hair dresser that burned you would you tip her? It sounds like you didnt mention it before leaving the store and that maybe you are upset I would just give the salon a call I bet anything that they will try to keep your business. As a paying customer we have certain expectations and if they arent met just speak with the manager maybe they will give you a discount or money back.Is it ok NOT to tip a ';professional'; hair stylist if you receive burns from the curling irons?
OUCH! no tip....
Absolutely! She's lucky she just got away with no tip and not a lawsuit!
yeah! I wouldn't pay at all if i were u!
Any service u r not satisfied with, u should not tip them. Nothing mean about that. The most time I pay my regular hair stylist is especially in the holiday season and if she squeezed me in. But I go to her all the time so a couple of bucks here and there add up.
DIY babe, it's okaay to not be a salon freak. my MOM does my highlights every month, my sister cuts it. I GET COMPLIMENTS EVERY DAY :)
Did your hair look nice?
I think that you were generous for even paying for that kind of service. There is no way I would have even paid!! I have had the same stylist for about 15 years, before going to anyone else, call all of your friends and get some names of reliable stylists.
A tip is meant as a reward for a job well done. If she burned you three times, that is not a job well done and therefore, deserves no tip.
Tip her if she is your usual hair stylist and usually does a good job. If it's your first time with this stylist, don't tip her.
not only would i not have tipped her i would not have paid her for service rendored. and they would have paid to get treatment for the burns that i received at their salon. you should have spoken to upper management concerning your experience at the salon. burns are serious no matter how small they are, they do not heal that well and sometimes they leave ugly scars. you need to go back and make the salon aware of their service because this may be a reoccuring situation that no one has brought to their attention. they need to be more responsible with people hair.
I wouldn't tip her at all.
Don't tip then, if the service was bad..don't tip!!!


At the most...leave a dollar or two..only if you are feeling guilty!


But I would NOT tip!
Not only would I not pay the tip, I'd mention it to her supervisor. That's pretty bad.(in the original sense of the word)
hell no! Not sure what that all really means, but people can't be charged 55 dollars for a burned scalp!
You don't tip and you don't go back.
You should not tip, but it isn't ok to leave without slapping them.
Absolutely!





For one... They are a ';professional'; and should know how to prevent chemical burns on your head from the straightner. And on top of that they should know how to use the hot irons...OMG I would be mad! Be sure to put some cocoa butter on your burns so they don't scar.





I wouldn't go back there. : )
Definitely don't tip. She burned you, didn't apoligze and then tried to cover it up so that you don't notice it right away. Whether she is your regular stylist or not, don't tip.


If there ever is a next time, speak up right there and tell them that you're feeling a burning sensation. She could've hurt you much more.


Good luck.
I wouldn't have tipped her. But also you should have told her your scalp was burning, cause then she could have taken it off immediately. However, if you DID tell her and she didn't do anything then not only would I not tip but I also wouldn't pay! I also would recomend not going to dept store salons. Their stylists NEVER seem to know how to do any minority hair. Good luck next time and use coco butter to heal ur scars on ur scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment