Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you tip a hair stylist?

I haven't had a haircut since I was a little kid. My hair is really long and I'm having it cut and donated tonight.





My question is, how do you tip a hair stylist? Do hair stylists usually ring you up at the register after a hair cut? Or do you tip them right after they cut your hair, before you go up front to pay? Do you hand the stylist the money directly? Is it customary to bring cash to tip with, even if you are paying with a credit card?





I know these sound like pretty dumb questions but I have not set foot in a hair salon in the last half of my life and honestly have no clue about the etiquette in a salon. Thanks in advance for the serious answers.How do you tip a hair stylist?
I always hand the stylist the tip directly. Always cash.





The stylist isn't always the one ringing you up, so I prefer to give it directly (as I'm getting out of the chair).





Always cash because if you put it on your card, they might not get it until they get their paycheck. This way, they get it immediately.





And your questions are not dumb at all.How do you tip a hair stylist?
Generally you will be rung up at the counter after your haircut. If you're paying by credit card, you may have to tell the cashier what you're tipping before they ring you out. Sometimes you'll just add the tip on the receipt. If you're doing cash, you can just walk your tip back to the stylist, unless of course the stylist is your cashier. 15 to 20 percent is standard. If you're not happy with your style, just politely as the stylist to adjust it before leaving.








Good for your for donating your hair.
Well, when I go in there is usually a cup with tips written on it or a jar with money on it on their own lil desk. Just put like 2-5 dollars in there and you will be safe. They will be greatful for whatever they get usually average tip is 2-5 dollars. I would prob do 5 tho with your long long hair. :)
it all depends on how nice your salon is





exapmples


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::…








the nicer the place is and the more things you have gotten done the higher tip you leave





the more service you got done the more





but on all services at a salon a minuim 20 buck tip would work


and then add 5 for every extra thing you have donee





me? i get my hair died tonned eye brows waxed so i leave a 40 dolla ti[ usealy
sometimes its included in the bill, sometimes is not clear and you have to ask. If you liked the service you can leave a tip, its not obligatory , and this should be around 15 or 20 percent of the cost of the haircut
Over here you ask how much she's charging for your cut. Then you pay her at the register. The tip could be cash if u want. Over here the place where I go they don't have a credit card thing. So it's safer to take in cash just in case.
Pay after since the person might hack up your hair. My minimum is $2 for cuts in the $10 to $20 range, and $5 for up to $40 cuts.





You can choose cash or tack it onto the bill. Either way is fine.
Where I go, yes my hairstylish rings me up at the register and if the total is $55.00 I would probably give her $60.00. Hairstylist make good money, so the tip does not have to be big in my opinion.





Hope this helps.
The salon I go to, the stylist rings me up after the style. I use my credit card and add the tip there. Usually I tip about $3 as I really only get a trim and the cut itself is only 12 bucks.
you can put it on your credit card if you want to be discreet
I would put money in an envelope addressed to the stylist or get flowers sent ..I have seen thank you cards in hairdressers.





hope this helps






First go pay in the front, then, tip the stylist! That's what I always do!
Give them cash after they ring you up.
they give you a recete and you write it on there.
i dont think u have to tip i know i never do or if i do i might give 1 dollar
give him some cash
Well after you cut your hair they will take you up to the register and here is what happenes





she takes you up the regester and then you pay ex- 40 dallors for the hair style. You hand her the check. Then after she takes it either give her from 5-12 dalllors. 5 if she just cut it. 7-12 if she styled it and all that stuff.. But if your going to like supercuts then just 8$. So like after you hand her the check for the 12$ then you hand her like 5-12 dallors in cash. Then say somthing like Thank You i love my hair.


And then she may ask if you want shampoo or like give you instructions on how to blow dry paper. Or whatever but yha thats how you tip.
most people don't tip hairstylists... Ive had many haircuts and I've never tipped. It's not like a waiter, its a hairstylist. therefore, it's not customary to tip them. They're used to not getting tips. If they were, the debit machine would have a tip option and same with the credit card slips that you sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment